Gelide is a configurable frontend which let you manage any kind of emulated system (PC, console, arcade, etc)
letting you to catalog and launch any game from any existing emulator under GNU/Linux.
With Gelide,you can configure any emulator with command line parameters support, without the need of remember them every now and then.
Gelide is a free project, licenced under the GNU General Public Licence it is written in C++ using the Gtkmm libraries as base.
This time this is not a version with major changes but rather a bug fix release.
We've added the "Sinclair - ZX Spectrum" to the Gelide's systems, with various emulators preconfigured.
We hope you like it and enjoy it.
You can see the complete list of changes and new features here.
0.1.5 (2 MB)
Here you have the new Gelide 0.1.5. This time this is not a version with major changes but rather a bug fix release. Virtually all these errors have been reported by Pablo Casas (pablo33), thank you for your cooperation.
* New and updated:
- Added "Sinclair - ZX Spectrum" to the systems list with the emulators FBZX, Fuse, SpectEmu, Mess and SdlMess preconfigured.
- Added Russian translation by Oleg Koptev (Thank you for contributing).
- Added Polish translation by Kamil Ślepowroński (Thank you for contributing).
- Spanish translation updated by jamf.
- Bug #3212822. Fixed a bug that prevented the proper load of the main window configuration when started in fullscreen mode.
- Bug #3099249. Now the tools bar status is remembered correctly.
- Bug #3212793. The param "-l" has been removed from the preconfiguration of ZSNes.
- Bug #3212831. Now the link to Gelide's homepage in the About dialog is working.
- Bug #3212837. Now the emulators panel work correctly and let you add any number of emulators without problems.
- Bug #3212836. Now the systems panel work correctly and let you add any number of systems without problems.
In the downloads section, we added two new DAT files for the Atari - 5200 and Atari - 7800.
We've also updated the document "SystemsAndEmulators-HowTo" including documentation of new systems and emulators.
I also want to use this entry to thank the people of GetDeb and PlayDeb for packaging Gelide and make it available from their repositories..
Comment this entry.
A year and a half later, here we are with a new version of Gelide: 0.1.4 "Elendil".
As you can see we have adopted a naming system that was proposed by our good friend JesusDa, based on characters of the Tolkian world, and the idea of "One to rule them all". We used this occasion to make some changes in the web, with the intention to expand and clarify the use of Gelide.
Hope you like!
* New and updated:
- A new search system has been developed. Now it is case insensitive and allow you to use the most standar wildcards:
New update to the optional packages section in the downloads area.
Links have been added for Gentoo thanks to Jared and something that really did not expect, Mac port for Gelide by eldamar.se:samuel. I have no information about the functioning of Gelide on the Apple platform, so if someone uses it on Mac, would apreciate a screenshot (you can send it to the project's email).
Only I have to say that Gelide 0.1.4 "Elendil" is almost ready.
We have updated the optional packages section in the downloads area.
Links for Slackware packages created by Gohanz have been added and a PPA in Launchpad for Ubuntu created by Nikil Mehta in which you can also find some emulators packed (thanks for telling me, Scud).
We've also updated the links to Debian i386 packages created by Carlos Albornoz.
As Gelide, I still working on the nex 0.2.x series and also in some new things for the website like a classified links section.
Here you have the new Gelide 0.1.3. It comes with four new systems and a large emulator update.
* New and updated:
- Added "SNK Neo Geo" to the systems list with SdlMame, XMame and GnGeo emulators preconfigured.
- Added "Magnavox Odyssey2" to the systems list with SdlMess and XMess emulators preconfigured.
- Added "Mattel Intellivision" to the systems list with SdlMess, XMess and jzIntv emulators preconfigured.
- Added "RCA Studio II" SdlMess and XMess emulators preconfigured.
- Added the preconfiguration of Fceux emulator to "Nintendo Famicom Disk System" and "Nintendo Nes" systems.
- Added German translation of Gelide by Manuel Wächter (Thank you for contributing).
- Added French translation of Gelide by Emeric Grange (Thank you for contributing).
- Added Swedish translation of Gelide by Niklas Grahn (Thank you for contributing).
- Updated Italian translation of Gelide by Loris Cuoghi (Thank you for contributing)..
- Updated Spanish translation.
- Updated the preconfigurations of SdlMame, SdlMess, Stella, Mednafen, Xe, Osmose, and Gens/GS.
- Bug in gelide_icons.cpp. Now Gelide don't hang when the user defined icon's theme don't have certain icons used by Gelide.